Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Healey Acquisition HBT7L1472








This is my newest acqusition, HBT7L1472. I got this in Septemebr of 2008. I have described this car in other posts of my blog. I bought it from my buddy Karl. He lost interest in it. He had another kid, then got shipped off to Iraq for over one year. He is safe at home now, but doesn't have the time that it takes to work on a Healey. We picked this car up in southern Iowa. It had been sitting for years on it's frame rails in an apple orchard. The acidic run off had totally destroyed the two main frame rails. The rest of the car contained the usual Healey rust for a Midwest car.
I have all of the body panels and seats for the car, plus a bunch of new parts, trim, brake calipers and more.. The engine is rebuilt as is the gearbox and OD. The suspension is all new except for the springs. The car is sitting on a frame that we made from scratch out of 1/8" x 3" x 4" square tubing. I have to really work on the door gaps and finish up some welds and grinding, but a lot of really hard work has already been done. But, there is surely more hard wrk to come. As soon as my 63 BJ7 is finished, I will dive into this car. It is going to be Healey blue over Old English White.

No comments: