Tuesday, March 18, 2008

engine installed

Here is a picture of the engine and the gearbox OD combo. My engine was all original with the 2 1 3/4 HS6 SU carburetors but I bought a set of 3 inch carbs and manifolds. I got the tri-carb exhaust manifolds with the huge lot of Healey spares from Iowa. I'm just trying these on for size in this picture. I will fire up my car on the 2 1 3/4 carbs and then go to the triple carb setup. I also have a triple carb setup for 3 1 3/4 carbs. I also have a couple of other complete or near complete SU carb setups with manifolds including a couple of 2 inch carbs off of an old Jag.

The picture of the gearbox and OD complete and rebuilt, painted with Healey green paint and then clear coated. This is actually a spare BJ8 gearbox and OD. I have the original BJ7 gearbox and overdrive with new gears, bearings and syncros but have not had the time to rebuild it as yet. I will rebuild it next winter and then swap them out.

No comments: