Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My 1963 Austin Healey 3000

These are pictures of my 1963 Austin Healey 3000. This is the fourth Austin healey that I have owned and not likely to be the last. The other Healeys that I have owned were from the years 1957, 1959, and 1961. I picked this car up in Cumming, Iowa just 15 miles south of Des Moines in late December 2001 for $4500. The car spent the last years of it's life in Polk County, Iowa and was last registered in 1983. The car is number 20,040. I have the British Motor Heritage Trust Certificate as well. All of the numbers match. The car entered the country in California in 1962. The car was a basket case when I got it, even though the initial inspection and pictures did not reveal the lack of integrity for the car. The car has since undergone a complete frame off restoration since January of 2002. The car has consumed vast quantities of grinding wheels, miles of welding wire, gallons of primer, wheel barrows of cash and lastly, barrels of beer to complete. The pictures should say it all.

No comments: