Tuesday, March 18, 2008

sand blast area



My garage is an old bodyshop that I rented for $250 a month. I also stored all of my domestic stuff, work supplies, books and research tools in the garage because my girlfriend (wife to be), whom I lived with, insisted on renting an apartment the size of a damn shoebox.

That is my 1966 Cobra replica in the backgrund just before I repainted it. The body shop was probably about 13oo square feet. I found that I could sand blast some of the old paint and bodywork off of my steel body panels with a lower pressure and a shallow angle of the gun. I had to rewire the shop for 220VAC then I ganged two 5hp compessors together to get enough air volume. I used very fine silica sand. I did not get any panel warp at all. I made a beach with about 2500 pounds of sand. Unfortunately, the beach is located in northeast Wisconsin.

No comments: