Tuesday, March 18, 2008

jamming and final bodywork Feb 2008

These pictures show the towing of the Healey out of my garage and trying to get it onto the trailer. We had an ice storm the day before then it snowed on top of the ice. Four of us pushed it on the ice up onto the trailer and it wasn't easy, but then nothing about this car has been easy. This is just one more struggle out of a mountain of struggles over the past six years. My brother in law Joe (the guy with red hair) painted the car in his paint booth. He did an awesome job. He restores old Boss and Mach I Mustangs so he knows all about dealing with old cars and the hassels involved.

We used a PPG Delfleet paint. I acually bought a base coat/clear system last year but decided against using it in favor of th PPG acrylic paint. It is really nice paint and flows out great. We used a slow reducer to get it to flow out too. I would use this paint again and recommend it to anyone. The added benefit is that when the car gets nicks and scratches I can touch them up and blend them in much more easily then a base/clear system. Obviously the pictures are not in oder here, I don't know what happened. But the finished pictures are in my new garage a 2 1/2 stall with another 2 stalls right next door. The garage has a huge heater, steel paneled walls, insulation, large attic for more Healey parts and a beer frig, no bathroom but it has a drain in the middle of the floor.
I will be posting more pictures of the rebuilding process soon as well as pictures of my new awesome chrome that is hand-dipped by local Wisconsin hillbillies. Pictures of extra parts (for my next Healey), soda blasting carb parts/manifolds and polishing.









No comments: