Tuesday, March 18, 2008

panel stripping and floor fitting

The Healeys door were actually in real nice shape. No rust in the bottoms at all and very straight. It must be all of the layers of paint that protected them over the years. The boot lid was in great shape too. No rust whatsoever and pretty straight. The bonnet had a layer of survafe rust but was no big deal. The bonnet was actually tough to work with to get to fit. I had to tack weld a couple of cracks in it. No big deal. But, lot and lots of sanding and filling. I knock the filler down with an air file then used a 16 inch long sanding block to get it smooth and flat. Also, the edges of the bonnet come so damn close to the edges of the shround I'm afraid that there will be paint abrasion. I bought an extra bonnet on Ebay ($26!!, what a score) last year and it fits the same. Oh well, I guess that they just fit tight or my shroud has expanded.


No comments: